Use of the 911 Help Forum - Planet 4x4
Go Back   Planet 4x4 > 4x4 Discussions > 911 Rescue and Help

911 Rescue and Help Contact our Quick Response Team to help you get trail help or rig recovery.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:16 AM   #1
Sandman
Going Postal

Use of the 911 Help Forum

This section is for immediate need questions only. Please post your question or issues that need resolved. If you are working on a project and it does not require urgent action please post under General 4x4 Forum or your respective brand forum. If you need a rig towed so it is not impounded that would be appropriate. If you need a new rig you bought towed to your house that would not. Once you are a planet member you can also gain access to the rescue section that contains numbers and contact information of fellow members willing to lend a hand. - Lehi

Moderators of this forum are: Custom, Chevycrew, Lehi, Krazytoy and Trevortoyota. Please address any questions or concerns to them or just post up. They can also be identified by the red "Rescue" mark on thier username.

Thanks!
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote

Join Planet4x4! It's Free!
Join Planet4x4 For Free! If this is your first visit to Planet4x4 please take the time to join us .

Registering is required for you to post on the forums. Joining us will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, search our forums, view attachments, and take advantage of the many other contents of Planet4x4.net! It's free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click here to join our community!

If you are already a member of Planet4x4, please login above to gain full access to the site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2007, 12:18 PM   #2
broncoman
Trail Leader

Re: Use of the 911 Help Forum

Are 5 moderators enough?

How many moderators does it take........lol

This is an awesome section!
broncoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:05 PM   #3
Chevycrew
What next?
911 and RescueModerator

The reason for the high number of moderators, is to ensure a quick response to issues involving this forum.

We have to keep in mind there is private information, and emergencies to handle.

This should allow it to run smoothly and effectively.

Last edited by Chevycrew; 09-12-2007 at 05:13 PM..
Chevycrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 07:13 AM   #4
krazytoy
Trail Runner
911 and Rescue

Hey guys,
I was thinking about contacting our local BLM and search & rescue offices to let them know about this. I think it could be a BIG help to more than just Planet 4x4 people. What do you guys think?
Old 09-13-2007, 07:42 AM   #5
trevortoyota
Stupid...but fun
911 and Rescue

Local search and rescue in the Mt Home area has an "extra assistance" agreement with WWOR. i havent heard of much going on with them lately or when i was still stateside. i think it would be a great idea but not sure what we could provide for them.

does anyone have a contact number or name that has been friendly in the past. i cant do much leg work in korea but would be willing to make some phone calls and see what can be done.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:57 AM   #6
Sandman
Going Postal

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazytoy View Post
Hey guys,
I was thinking about contacting our local BLM and search & rescue offices to let them know about this. I think it could be a BIG help to more than just Planet 4x4 people. What do you guys think?
Sounds like a great idea.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:55 PM   #7
yourmomsluvr
Newby

I'm new here, but while reading this post I got to thinking if all the mods could post up pics of their recovery rigs , and a list of equipment so if someone needs help in say, the Owyhees, they can call someone with a crawler type vehicle, or if someone's stuck in some mud somewhere, they can call someone with a bogger. Also, if they have trailers, and how big, in case transport is needed. Stuff like that. Just my newb .02
yourmomsluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:25 PM   #8
trevortoyota
Stupid...but fun
911 and Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourmomsluvr View Post
I'm new here, but while reading this post I got to thinking if all the mods could post up pics of their recovery rigs , and a list of equipment so if someone needs help in say, the Owyhees, they can call someone with a crawler type vehicle, or if someone's stuck in some mud somewhere, they can call someone with a bogger. Also, if they have trailers, and how big, in case transport is needed. Stuff like that. Just my newb .02
most of this info is covered in the "Site Supporters" information section of the forum that is only able to see if you pay some dues. the money is well worth the info and Sandman could prolly use some change in his pockets. if thats not your deal then just post up your emergency and some one will chime in and git er dun.

Welcome to planet buy the way
Old 09-13-2007, 05:31 PM   #9
Chevycrew
What next?
911 and RescueModerator

Yeah just like trevor said, Everything you are asking for, minus pictures, is in the premium member help section.

It can not be public due to private information.

That is also why there is a general help forum for non members.

Besides, if you hang out enough at planet, you will know all the rigs anyway.

AND Welcome!!
Old 09-13-2007, 08:08 PM   #10
yourmomsluvr
Newby

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevycrew View Post
It can not be public due to private information.
Besides, if you hang out enough at planet, you will know all the rigs anyway.

AND Welcome!!
I guess I don't see why a short list of rigs and capabilities is private info, but that's ok. I also understand the need for funds. These sites are not free, and do not run themselves.

Chevycrew, is that your rig in your avatar? I used to see it every once in a while, but I haven't seen it for a long time? Did you sell it?
Old 09-13-2007, 08:26 PM   #11
Chevycrew
What next?
911 and RescueModerator

The reason for private is abuse, plain and simple, we have problems on here with spam and the like, so if phone numbers are public info, it would suck to get 10,000 sales calls.

It just promotes the site, helps people, and keeps the info under wraps.

There really isnt a need to know what vehicles people have, If you need help, post up, explain the situation and im sure the appropriate help will be sent.

my truck,

I still have it, sitting here. I have a daily driver now so it dont move.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:40 PM   #12
yourmomsluvr
Newby

Sorry for the trouble, I wasn't trying to be nosy. Where I come from, everything isn't a big secret. I was just curious as to what rigs people had for the rescue. How do you know I don't have a capable rig? I've been reading posts on here for a while before I became a member, and I don't appreciate your attitude. I was just asking a simple question. What someone drives shouldn't be a secret. If it is, then I guess I'm retarded, because I don't think it should be.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:44 PM   #13
Chevycrew
What next?
911 and RescueModerator

I was just trying to answer as honestly as possible. You might have a more capable rig than the rest, I dont know. I didnt mean to offend, just trying to answer the questions as they came, thats all.

Ill let someone else answer your questions from now on, sorry i tried to help.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:48 PM   #14
Chevycrew
What next?
911 and RescueModerator

There is an introduce yourself thread, with many pics and alot of info.

Also in the users garage for each member.

Its not a big secret, I was trying to show that you will get help no matter what, premium member or not, easy stuck or hard, people would always be able to access help.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:29 PM   #15
Chevycrew
What next?
911 and RescueModerator

Well it wasnt a planet related rescue, but it became one when I drove by robie creek today. Headed to Idaho city to look at some military stuff, when I noticed a truck in bad situation down in the bottom of the reservoir. We needed to get up and look at the stuff before dark, so we continued on with the notion that, if they were still there, we would help on the way home.

On the way back, we headed down in, not knowing if they were still there or not. Got down in and it didnt look to pretty. A early 90's Ex Cab, SB, 4x4 (stock with new mud tires) was stuck badly. A dodge d50 and a nissan were trying to get him out. Got closer and noticed that it wasnt just a stuck in the mud or sand thing.

Those that are familiar with the area will understand. He was trying to head down into the main flats, on the sand sidehill, he slid down getting stuck. Someone pulled from the rear and he slid further down. I dont know if it was an accident or he chose to. But the truck went all the way down to the creek bed (about 50 feet) sideways over a rockgarden of 2-3foot boulders. He got to the bottom. then they had tried to pull him up the opposite side of the bank, but it was too steep.

Thats where we show up. It was a simple extraction, bury kelli's gmc, deadman the d50 (diesel) to the back, burying it as well. The winch worked good, out he came.

But the moral to the story is it happened about 5pm saturday, we got them out 24 hours later.

Damage count:
Front bumper, rock damage to both doors, bed was twisted, exhaust smashed, bed smashed back of cab.

If they would have known about and used this forum, it could have been solved much easier with less damage.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:29 PM   #16
Chevycrew
What next?
911 and RescueModerator

I told them all to check out the website, and maybe they can add details, or help in a future rescue.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:59 PM   #17
fordman
Spotter

Thats cool its nice to see other people willing to help people they don't know. Seems like these days its harder to find people like that. You should have taken some pics.
fordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 09:39 PM   #18
Chevycrew
What next?
911 and RescueModerator

I think at the least we need to put a disposeable camera in the truck. They said they got part on video from the night before, hopefully they will post it up somewhere.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:41 AM   #19
BadDawg
Trail Leader

Damage count:
Front bumper, rock damage to both doors, bed was twisted, exhaust smashed, bed smashed back of cab.

If they would have known about and used this forum, it could have been solved much easier with less damage.[/quote]

I hope you weren't discribing your rig after helping them out.

to you for helping out.
BadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:52 AM   #20
GMC4X4GIRL
Riding Shotgun

Thankfully NO!!! My truck just got a lil muddy, but theirs as you read didn't fair to well.
GMC4X4GIRL is offline   Reply With Quote