Use of the 911 Help Forum - Page 2 - Planet 4x4
Go Back   Planet 4x4 > 4x4 Discussions > 911 Rescue and Help

911 Rescue and Help Contact our Quick Response Team to help you get trail help or rig recovery.

Old 09-29-2007, 02:21 AM   #21
RedRussell
Newby

Re: Use of the 911 Help Forum

I will be honest, I joined this site maily for this thread. Custom and Chevycrew have saved my bacon several times Along with others (I don't know there profile names and don't know if I can use their real names). I agree that if I had known about this sooner there would have been serveal times that I would have gotten out sooner (or had the other guy out sooner) and been a much happier camper. I think it is great that we can pull together and help each other out instead of sitting there and Laughing at them (Custom! That is for Making fun of me everytime I get stuck) Here soon I hope to be able to help get people out too.

Last edited by Custom; 10-17-2007 at 11:36 PM..
RedRussell is offline   Reply With Quote

Join Planet4x4! It's Free!
Join Planet4x4 For Free! If this is your first visit to Planet4x4 please take the time to join us .

Registering is required for you to post on the forums. Joining us will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, search our forums, view attachments, and take advantage of the many other contents of Planet4x4.net! It's free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click here to join our community!

If you are already a member of Planet4x4, please login above to gain full access to the site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2008, 10:03 PM   #22
Chevycrew
What next?
911 and RescueModerator

With the uprising of an old thread, a great idea was brought to my attention.

Once a recovery is made and the thread dies down, it will be locked to prevent it from creating a scramble for a new rescue.

If anyone has issues with this, please pm me.

Thanks!
Chevycrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:50 PM   #23
trevortoyota
Stupid...but fun
911 and Rescue

sounds like a easy mistake, good idea!

Old 01-30-2009, 06:49 AM   #24
Pastor Torch
Newby

Two questions:

1) Can anyone be on the resque squad? I'd like to volenteer...

2) I've been wondering if there is anyone, or any way to get connected with the State resque services... and become part of a team that would respond to "Search and Resque" missions when a hunter or hiker is reported lost, or injured. Just lending a hand in such situations could gain our sport some respect and earn us some co-operation where trail use issues arrise.

-PT.
Pastor Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:18 AM   #25
Chevycrew
What next?
911 and RescueModerator

The list of rescue members is available to site supporters. Once a Planet member you may access this information, and add your information to it.

If someone needs assistance that is not a premium member, they can post up and someone from the list, or a moderator, or even someone that is near will do their best to help.

Contained in this thread is information about how to get on the list, and access the list.

Also covered is the state and blm contact ideas. I think the assistance has been offered up on both sides of the state, just hasnt been needed.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:33 AM   #26
RCKSQRL
Pimping the ride
911 and Rescue

It has been offerred multiple times, they have our contact info and well,have not needed us yet! Owyhee quick response team was created for this specifically.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:50 AM   #27
WOOD
is ANI-FACEBOOK!

On another note I think that we "planet4x4.net" should have a write up and put it up on the front page just like some of the buildups. Have one on the basics of wheelin and the safety there of. Enviroment prepared ness for wheelin in different times of the year and different weather. To be prepared for the worst case scenario.

Also it would be nice to get any contact info to get the person(s) needing help. Cell numbers are great but if they have a CB it would be great to know that they do and what channel they are on. I could just use the channel scanner to look for activity but an exact channel would be great.
Even if it is just one of the 2 way radios.

This forum is a great great thing and am very glad to see it here. I hope that it doesn't have to get used but this is why it is here. kudos...
WOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:51 AM   #28
whpony96
Riding Shotgun

One VERY Important change that should be made to this forum. You should change the Subscription options from quickest option available "DAILY" (which is totally useless in a emergency) to INSTANT email notification.

When the gentleman in Sinker Creek initially got stranded a 4pm no one knew about it till 11pm. So we could have gotten to him 7 hours earlier!
whpony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:56 AM   #29
Chevycrew
What next?
911 and RescueModerator

That can done as individuals wish, I dont susbscribe to anything.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:20 AM   #30
whpony96
Riding Shotgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevycrew View Post
That can done as individuals wish, I dont susbscribe to anything.
Nope the "Instant Email option is not available. Only 2 options available are daily and weekly. The admin of this site needs to make "instant email notification" available in the drop down list.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:17 AM   #31
Chevycrew
What next?
911 and RescueModerator

Keep in mind a true emergency should call 911.

Ill see if I can get the instant email changed.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:52 AM   #32
76lcforty
Trail Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpony96 View Post
Nope the "Instant Email option is not available. Only 2 options available are daily and weekly. The admin of this site needs to make "instant email notification" available in the drop down list.

Maybe im missing something here but it seems to me that in order to subscribe to a thread period you have to first see that the thread even exists. so if a guy posts that hes stranded at 4pm and you dont come to the forum until 11pm then even if you do subscribe to the thread the 7 hours still would have elapsed before you knew about it.

Maybe there should be a "email me instantly 7 hours prior to me subscribing to the thread" option?
76lcforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #33
Larry
Trail Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76lcforty View Post

Maybe there should be a "email me instantly 7 hours prior to me subscribing to the thread" option?
Make it "8 hours prior" and you could be there to prevent the situation before it occurs.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:45 AM   #34
whpony96
Riding Shotgun

No you can subscribe to this entire thread (not just a post) and in any new posts are made under that thread you will receive a instant email. (providing that instant email feature is turned back on) The option is there but only the administrator of this forum can enable it.

It's no big deal really I was just trying to help improve the 911 forum with a real life example.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:55 AM   #35
76lcforty
Trail Runner

Quote:
No you can subscribe to this entire thread (not just a post) and in any new posts are made under that thread you will receive a instant email. (providing that instant email feature is turned back on) The option is there but only the administrator of this forum can enable it.

It's no big deal really I was just trying to help improve the 911 forum with a real life example.
Yes but if someone posts a NEW thread right now and your not on the forum to see it you would still not know until you come back to the forum and see the new thread. Therefore the 7 hours or however long between your forum visits would still elapse before you know about it.

Hopefully you get an instant email to notify you of my reply.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:00 PM   #36
Chevycrew
What next?
911 and RescueModerator

I agree with 76lcforty, you would need a instant email notification to the entire 911 forum, not just a single thread.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:57 AM   #37
whpony96
Riding Shotgun

Go to "Forum Tools" then select subscribe to Forum... It does not have to be a post you can watch a entire forum..

It's OK guys never mind...
Old 09-16-2010, 06:56 AM   #38
76lcforty
Trail Runner

Quote:
Go to "Forum Tools" then select subscribe to Forum... It does not have to be a post you can watch a entire forum..

It's OK guys never mind...
touche... Didnt know you could do that... I guess its up to the mods then.

Edit: However I still believe Larrys solution to be the most effective...
Old 09-17-2010, 08:32 AM   #39
whpony96
Riding Shotgun

Ha, Ha, Ha... LOL
Old 09-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #40
The Torch
Trail Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76lcforty View Post
Yes but if someone posts a NEW thread right now and your not on the forum to see it you would still not know until you come back to the forum and see the new thread. Therefore the 7 hours or however long between your forum visits would still elapse before you know about it.

Hopefully you get an instant email to notify you of my reply.
Ah... but then you tie your e-mail to your blackbery and it will update you on all updates and messages as they happen... so long as you are in a service area. You might even be out wheeling your-self when a call comes in. But then again, the idea of the forum is.. (?) You've tried everything you could, and had to leave it stuck, to go home, get on the 'puter and post up in hopes of enlisting additional hands/resources and aid to get your rig out. The recovery effort can then be planed and co-ordinated according to need.

If there is more of an emergency (resque) situation, something requireing more immediate attintion, wouldn't you call 911 or something?
The Torch is offline   Reply With Quote