i have for sale parts for ford trucks off of a 74 ford f250 4x4

1) a/c cab with unit has body work started needs floor pan welded back in(have
replacements)free

2) full front clip make offer

3) 205 divorced transfer case obo

4) 3/4 ton 4x4 front end its a dana 44 with 409 gears and drum brakes
(brakes/leafs/hubs not included, hubs are brand new never been run cost
$100 will sale for the same price)axle best offer

5) 5 speed military transmission i believe it to be out of a 2 1/2 ton 4x4.
good for rock crawler or trail runner. $500

6) drive lines rear and intermidiate make offer

all up for trades as well. need cutting torch set or a winch or what ever let me know.
can send pics if needed they are in nampa

See less See more
#9 ·
yes all you need to do is drill the twobottom holes in your bell houseing(the one that was there a friend needed). the trans has been drilled and tapped for this. i have a custom buit crossmember(located at someone elses place) that holds the trans. the only other mod i can thinkof is a small nothch in the cab to accomadate the new shift tower and shifter.

#15 ·
Though I've only heard of the Spicer 3053A being used on deuce and a halfs, there are 3 Spicer trannys which are closely related. I'm including all their gearing, just in case.

I'll certainly be interested in learning how if someone can figure out the method for getting one of these married to a modern engine. Considering all the machining and body work I've seen here, though, I don't doubt that there's someone up to the challenge.:drive:

Spicer:__16.5" case______3053A________3053B____
1st---------5.90-----------6.00-----------4.5
2nd---------3.10-----------3.30-----------2.5
3rd---------1.70-----------1.89-----------1.5
4th---------1.00-----------1.00-----------1.0
5th---------0.85-----------0.85-----------0.75
rev----------??------------5.90------------??

-Mikey-

#17 ·
sorry ron it was actually a 360 but yes running and driving;). low gear and low in t case you can walk faster that it will move at 3500 rpm. in fifth gear at 65-70 2200rpm was all the motor was running....this was a daily driver turned project turnd parts lol.:drive:

#22 ·
I read another article on the 3053 this week. It said the 16.5" and the 3053b had five gears but didn't have overdrive (i.e., 5th gear is 1 to 1.) So take what I put up above with a grain of salt. I don't know which source was correct. Mea culpa for not searching a bit more before I posted.

Also learned that it has a ten spline output...didn't know that either. That's not all that rare, so I can see why it was easily adaptable to other vehicles. Learned it's in the 200# weight range without the bell housing (I'm quoting here...use said grain of salt) but that it's rated to over 23,000 lb-ft of torque. It has a funky shift pattern, too. Something like this:

R 2 5

1 3 4

Why they'd go from left to right on the 3-4 shift is beyond me. Strange.

I'd sure like to hear how it works out for you, Blackdog. I imagine if it's taken care of it'd last longer than any vehicle it's put in. You gonna put it behind a diesel or some other monster engine?

-Mikey-

#24 ·
Probably the new diesel, if it happens... had a trade deal working on the crew cab, then the guy dropped off the face of the planet.. then I got an email saying death in the family, we are still, give him x amount of time.

Have no love for an E40D, which is what it has. Was thinking ZF for a replacement, buy 'em all day long from Jalopy for 300, with t-case.. but the lack of OD intrigues me.

Still will need to find a 6.9 bell, and mod it to work, crushed one, hindsight, eh?

Originally wanted it for Jenn's 73, but we (she) wants that to be a "cute" truck, decent mpg, hard core pavement capabilities. Have located a 5.8 EFI ZF F250 4x4 for about 5-600 and that will make a better drivetrain, has 3.53 gears, slap on a set of 285's, or 33/15's (bought/buying a set of 15" slots from a bloke on here/RME), and Done, stance is set.

This not having O/D.. and being a closer ratio'd trans would make a better choice for the new IDI. It already has 4.10 gears, and with 39's, according to the pitbull tire calculator (if you multiply backwards, gives you actual ratio) will be 3.32.

That tranny, and his 205 would be perfect for the Centurion.. so we'll see.

Just takes cash.. and right now that is not a commodity. March will be better.. Vendoring on lots shuts down about Halloween, and stays that way til Valentines...theory I proved time and time again running a detail shop for the last 14 years. Didn't prove quite as true 07/08.. (don't detail so much, different angle, better revenue, easier to get business) but hit HARD this year... However true to form, its picking back up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.